The mission of the Bachelor Program in English Language and American Studies in general is
training highly qualified professionals who will be capable of practicing their future profession
as well pursuing further their academic interests. This is in full compliance with the mission of
The relevance of the program derives from the new reality created in Kosova, that resulted in
English to become the lead language of communication; hence the mastery of the English
language and the Anglo-American culture will provide the graduates of this program extended
opportunity for their integration in the labor market as well as a wider range of options for
pursuing further their education inclinations which is in compliance with the NQF.
Considering the relevance of the study content and the mission of ‘Dardania’ College, the
objectives of the BA in English Language and American Studies Program are as follows:
- Meet students at their level and enhance students’ language proficiency level to C2
according to CEFR.
- Equip them with knowledge and skills and in-depth understanding of the language system
and how it works.
- Equip students with knowledge and skills regarding the literature and culture of the Anglo-
American world as an inseparable element of one’s linguistic, communicative and cultural
- Equip students with additional knowledge and skills through a range of modules in order to
prepare them to cope with the challenges and be competitive in the labor market.
- Instill in students the philosophy of life-long learning in order to prepare them for the ever-
changing landscape in the labor market, as well as the necessity for the constant upgrade of
their academic and professional skills.
- Communicate fluently and accurately at advanced level in writing, as well as in speaking with native and non-native speakers of English;
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of the language system and the ability to apply it in practice in different forms and at diverse levels of public communication;
- Translate different text types, both written and oral, and mediate in order to facilitate communication between English and non-English speakers;
- Demonstrate high level of knowledge related to English and American literature and culture, cultural similarities and differences, and mediate in order to facilitate inter-cultural communication.
- Demonstrate key skills required in the labor market, including ICT skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability and skills in exploring and using various sources of information.
- Demonstrate adequate research skills in initiating a research project, conducting and finalizing, and reporting the research findings.